Tuesday, January 24, 2012

How Doth the Little Crocodile

How doth the little crocodile,
Improve his shinning tail,
And pour the waters of the Nile,
On every golden scale!

How cheerfully he seems to grin,
How neatly spreads his claws,
And welcomes little fishes in,
With gently smiling jaws!

-Lewis Caroll


This poem is my favorite because Alice in Wonderland was always my most cherished Disney movie growing up. Everything about it excited my imagination and inspired me to dream. I would run outside and try talking to flowers for hours, searched for caterpillars and stayed on the look out for a white rabbit. I wanted to shrink down and explore the world from a whole new perspective and find lands unknown and uncharted. This little poem takes me back to a time when my imagination ran rampant and neither being asleep nor awake could keep me from adventures real or imagined.

No comments:

Post a Comment