Sunday, November 27, 2011

AP term


Mood- the predominating atmosphere evoked by a literary piece. Essentially the overall feel that the writer's story has, whether it is happy, sad, dramatic, peaceful there is a "mood" that brings the reader into the situation. Imagine a mood ring, it supposedly changes color due to the mood your in, blue= happy, green= a little stressed, black=anxious etc. this can remind you that the mood of the story reflects the "vibe" if you will. For example, as soon as this song comes on what colors come to mind? :) The song has a classic mood that reflects the artist and reminds the listener of colors that represent the mood

3 comments:

  1. That is a good example you picked for mood. I use to get confused with the tone and the mood. Hopefully this helps me remember! Thanks Cambria!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great example of what mood is. When I watched the clip, it made me relaxed and want to drink some piña coladas on the tropical islands! Mood can be such a major factor in literature. It can influence the entire novel and how the reader perceives it. Having the right mood for the moment is an essential part to writing a classic writing. Your definition and clip will definitely help me remember this term!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha I am very glad this was able to help you guys :) Out of curiously what other blogs used music? I saw some video clips but I can't recall music

    ReplyDelete