Thursday, November 17, 2011

The Big Question

If we only use around 10% of our brain, is it plausible the "final frontier" is the vast reaches of our mind? We have so much discovery, new corners in the depths of the ocean, an uncharted planet outside the borders of our solar system. But with all these dots slowly being connected with lines maybe the picture is our comprehension of the dots and lines. What if our ability to understand and capture the limitless reaches our imagination would completely redefine everything we've previously known.
How much of our brain's potential are we using?
How can we optimize our brain's capabilities?

5 comments:

  1. Are we sure it's 10%? You might start with research on how much brainpower we use and how much we appear to have available.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe 10% usage is just a myth. I researched this a long time ago and I found out that humans use almost 99% of our brains because we use it daily. Every part of the brain signals to what we do. From breathing to moving, to talking, it requires so many parts of the brain to coordinate together and above all, automatically breathing puts in an extra percentage to our usage of the brain. I betcha 10% is only thinking, haha. Anyway, I think imagination doesn't have anything to do with the usage of the brain, in my opinion. I could be wrong-- BUT I'm sure we can optimize our brain's capabilities.

    Nice question and also thank you for following my blog. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, that was quite a lot of great info Mari! thank you :) I definitely understand what your saying about the large amount we use for functioning, I'm simply gearing this more towards perception and the amount of learning and understanding we can achieve. Oh and I feel like as far as imagination not having to deal with usage of the brain...what if it effects everything!? Just an idea in need of intense research

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good question! Reminds me of Bradley Cooper...
    Can't wait to see what you learn when researching!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Nicole! I had this as my big question and a day or two later actually watched Limitless and was so blown away about how well it fit my question

    ReplyDelete